Sunday, December 14, 2014

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Are you looking for a simple crockpot dinner? Here is a meal that is so easy to make with only 5 ingredients! I tried to post this before the holidays, but unfortunately things became a bit hectic and it had to wait. Nevertheless, this is a great recipe that you and your whole family can enjoy this time of year, especially on those cold wintery nights. I've said it before and I will say it again, I love the days when I can use my slow cooker because everything gets thrown into one pot and by the time you get home dinner is ready. This dish is so versatile that you can try lots of different veggies to add some variety. It also goes great with a side of quinoa or brown rice. Give this dinner a try and let me know what you think! That's what's on my table tonight.

 
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing:
Serves about 6
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours (low temp)*

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts, washed and seasoned with your favorite all purpose seasoning
  • 6oz. package stuffing mix (I prefer Pepperidge Farm cornbread stuffing)
  • 3/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup (low fat)
  • 1/4 cup of chicken broth (you can substitute water)
  • 1/8 cup of celery (optional)
  • 1/8 cup of onions (optional)
Directions:
  1. Place chicken breasts in bottom of pot.
  2. Pour stuffing mix over chicken.
  3. In a medium size bowl combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream and water; mix well.
  4. Pour on top of stuffing mix.
  5. Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours (*please see note below).
  6. Fluff, garnish with parsley and serve.

*Note: Crockpots may vary in temperature, so please check after 3 hours to prevent the meal from over drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment